Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Adoption Update

Well, apparently the meeting at the Embassy with Samuel's mother isn't until Thursday at 1pm Ghana time (which is 8am our time). This was the update we received earlier this evening:

George called me this evening to tell me internet access remains down (for Kofi). He has Samuel's birth mother and an appointment with the Embassy to bring her in tomorrow at 1:00 for an interview. I'm sure we will be updated either by George or Kofi tomorrow.

The update from yesterday made it sound like the interview with her was supposed to be today, but there must have been a miscommunication. I am thoroughly confused. A few people have asked what the purpose of this interview is for, and to be honest, I do not know. I believe the two prior interviews she has done have been with 1)social welfare, and 2) with the judge who granted the adoption. So, she has not yet been interviewed by the Embassy....they may just be re-confirming what she's already said in her prior two interviews. I am not sure. My best response is just to pray right now. This has always been, and still is, completely out of our hands.

I will update tomorrow (Thursday) as soon as I hear how the interview went. I won't be doing any other posts other than adoption updates until we get through this exit interview process....it is all I can think about right now.....

1 comment:

Dillinger Family said...

praying for you guys...