Thursday, June 3, 2010

Adoption Update ~ GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

OUR FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!?!! IT IS TIME!!!!!!!!! Our flight for Ghana leaves Wednesday, June 16th bright and early and we will return back to the U.S. WITH OUR SON SAMUEL on the afternoon of Monday, June 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead, scream in joy. It’s okay. I’ve been screaming out since yesterday afternoon when Jake pressed the enter button and our flights were officially in the books. Adrenaline has been sprinting through my veins. The smile has not come off my face. The sparkle in my eye is so bright it is making my eye twitch. My heart is thumping so loud it could put the Isiserettes to shame. I feel like I have swallowed 11 cups of coffee but I haven’t. And I cannot stop envisioning what this moment and that moment and this moment and that moment will be like. What a ride this has been, and what JOY is filling my heart right now. Seriously. W-O-W!

Okay, here are a few dates for you to commit to memory:

This coming Tuesday, June 8th at 7:30am (Ghana time) is Samuel’s visa exit interview appointment in which Kofi is attending on our behalf. This is the appointment in which the application for Samuel’s visa is supposed to be approved.

After approval, the U.S. Embassy in Accra begins the processing/printing of the visa. Visas are normally issued on the Friday of the week the final interview takes place. So, Samuel’s visa is likely to be issued on Friday, June 11th. However, we did decide to allow an extra week of cushioning regarding our travel in case there is a delay and he doesn’t get his visa until the next Friday, June 18th.

I will be praying for the exit interview appointment and that it does not need to be rescheduled/changed for any reason (we can always push back our flights at this point, but hoping we won’t need to). I will also be praying that Samuel is issued his visa on the 11th so that going into the trip we can have some relief in knowing that he already has his visa and is travel ready. :)

It's been almost 2 years of waiting and hoping and wondering and ups and downs and sorrows and excitements and bad news and good news. We've seen God's saving hand come in and swoop down and hand-pick Samuel for our family. We've experienced His justice first-hand as He turned hopeless situations into victories! He has seen us through this long and exhausting process. And now, WE REJOICE IN OUR AWESOME GOD!!!!!!!!!!! SAMUEL, WE ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Dillinger Family said...

I am so excited for you guys it gives me goose bumps!

Lisa said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I'll be praying for the visa details and for your trip.

Renee said...

What wonderful news! I can't believe it's been two years but so thrilled for you that the time is here! Wishing you safe travels. I hope we can meet Samuel in person some time soon!

Jon & Jennifer said...

YEAH!!! That is the most exciting news I've heard this week!!

Toccara said...

Great news...His Kingdom Hoops Family is excited to meet him!

have you been practicing you Twi( the language spoken in Ghana...) I can help I have tons of friends from that area!

Have a Great week!
Toccara

Nate and Natalie said...

YEAH!!!!! I'm so overjoyed right now and excited for you guys. We will continue to pray that everything goes smoothly and you are home the 21st with Sam!

Christy said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

I'm smiling and crying at the same time!! SO, SO EXCITED for you guys!!