Monday, June 29, 2009

Adoption Update

We recieved this by email this morning from our social worker:

Dear Jake & Janel,

I spoke with Pastor Gideon [this is the new pastor working on our case as Pastor Sam will be traveling the rest of the summer] this morning and asked about your referral. He indicated he has information on a child available for you--a boy age 4 (almost 5 he thought). He asked that I give him a couple additional days to send the information as their internet servers have been down & he has been unable to access internet for quite some time now. He apologized for not being able to send the information in a timely manner.

I feel confident we should receive the info this week after my conversation with him today. I'm certain he will find working internet 'somewhere' to scan the information into us. Maybe a little prayer is needed too. ;)

I will be in touch soon! Have a blessed day...


Wow- this surely is an answer to prayer! This referral is separate than the ones that would be coming in from the orphanage that had just shut down (which I posted about last week). I had been praying over the weekend that God would just make it clear to us who this child is that he wants us to adopt. I prayed that we would know if we should adopt one of the older children, or if we should wait for a personal referral. To get this in my inbox this morning was so exciting. Now that there is a referral on the horizon I think it will be easier for me to be patient in waiting for the info/photo to come in. Please pray that this child will be the perfect one for our family.

Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

No comments: