Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our-2nd-Annual-Fried-Chicken-NCAA-March-Madness-Spring-Break-Party...

....or as JJ put it our Big Fat Party....was held last week during spring break. It was our second year of gathering up the coaches and their families who were in town for a lil down-home-cookin’ and a lil NCAA basketball. We had to recruit Coach Julian to cook the meal for us again since my fried chicken skills are not quite up to par yet. It was nice to have someone else cook for a change, and I KNOW that our guests LOVED Julian’s food. Sam called it ‘soul food’, that’s how good it was!!!!! Here are some pictures of our fun:

The master chef…Coach Julian


On the menu was fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, spaghetti and my personal favorite….pound cake for dessert!!!!!!!


Lining up for some grub.

Last year we threw this party when Yaw had arrived in the U.S. Hard to believe he’s only been with us 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems like he’s always been with us.

The kids watched the newly released Princess & The Frog

Mommy & Sammy

And of course, Jayla had to be the center of Yaw's attention. :)


They played by this window for a long time and Jayla would point outside and ‘talk’ to Yaw about everything that she saw. It was so cute!

Now I have to humble myself and tell you that my brackets are already down the drain!!!!!!!!!!! This is not typical. In fact, may I remind you that last year I was the only one out of our family to pick the NCAA champs! :) But, not this year. Sam, Julian, Jake and I filled out the brackets this year, and all 4 of us had picked Kansas to win. But, for once I don’t mind that my bracket is busted. GO Panthers GO!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I can smell the fried chicken, YUM! Do I see the hot sauce from Belize out on the counter? Did Jake finally get brave enough to try it?? HaHa!

Jody said...

Since I live just miles from Syracuse, I think I better choose them, since my brackets bit the dust and my Kansas went home. Food looks good.

Kendra Dawn said...

Adam and I's brackets look horrible too.......I have Syracuse winning it all.....so we will just watch and see. And I with ya....GO UNI!!!