Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To Ghana They Go & Trip Itinerary!

Jake, my mom, and 5 other Kingdom Hoops affiliates are now on their way to Ghana for a week's stay! I must say, it feels so strange that I am not going on this trip! I can't wait to hear all of their stories and see their pictures once they get back. I took this picture of my mom and Jake as we said our goodbyes at the airport earlier this afternoon....I am so excited for all that they will experience!

In case you are wondering, I had decided to sit this trip out since Jake and I have the Sierra Leone trip planned for March. I didn't think I could do without my 3 little red-headed munchkins for two whole trips! One trip is hard enough on me! :) Here is the general itinerary for Jake and the group for their time in Ghana...Jake wrote this out before they left:

Today, December 28th: Travel to Accra, Ghana....3 different flights
December 29th: Arrive in Ghana about 2pm. We will have serious jet lag so we will get through the airport and customs and get checked into the hotel. For dinner on the 29th we will go down to a place called Frankies which is an American restaurant in Ghana so everyone should be able to get some good food before we call it a night.
December 30th: Basketball tournament to support Isaiah 1:17 foundation 11:30am-6:00pm at Aviation Center.
December 31st: Head to Cape Coast around 8:30am and spend the day in Cape Coast partnering with Hoops Care International to put on a basketball camp, educational learning sessions, and bible study. We will probably stay in Cape Coast to celebrate New Years’ Eve. The directors of Hoops Care International are handling all the logistics of the day.
January 1st: Family Fun Day – 9:00am-6:00pm in Accra, Ghana - we will be using this event as a big fundraising event for the Isaiah 1:17 foundation.
January 2nd: This is Sunday and we will head to church at Central Gospel Church in Accra and then take a visit to Prince's village and spend the day with his soccer team.
January 3rd: We will head to the village of Kwahu with Kofi Oppong who handled our adoption and serve wherever he decides would be best for us.
January 4th: We will head to the airport at about 7pm on the 4th and during the day we will leave open for activities that may need to be finished before we leave. We will have at least one host student traveling back with us and potentially two.

I know I haven't blogged about our Isaiah 1:17 Foundation yet....that's because there are at least 2 posts that need to come prior to that one to give you a good picture of how it started. :) Hoping I will get to that within the next week. I should also have a guest post coming from Jake in the next day or two about why he is so passionate about Africa. :) That was his project for the plane. He will also be journaling each day of the trip, so hopefully it will work out to post his journal once they return. In the mean time, you can check my mom's blog at: http://odlemountain.blogspot.com/ If she gets a good internet connection in Ghana she might be posting a few things while they are there.

No comments: