Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A New Strategy

When Jayla was a baby I used to have to strategically plan to paint her toenails while she was napping in her infant chair. I had to be very, very quiet, and very, very precise so as not to wake her or brush her ticklish feet which would cause her foot to twitch.

But, nowadays I have a different strategy....

























Yes, plop her in the chair and give her a popsicle and she is good to go for at least 5 minutes. Then, if I need to stretch out the drying time I can just get her some books and she will sit and flip through them while she holds her feet perfectly still. She’s kind of like a pro now! And she actually gets excited when I tell her we are going to paint her toes. Once we are all finished she says “Pretty toes, Mommy!”. And, when we are out and about and she sees other little girls with their toes painted she notices right away and points at their toes and says the same thing! Love it!!!!

3 comments:

Jon & Jennifer said...

ahhh....hope I have a girl someday to do this too. Don't think Jon would like it if I painted the boys' toenails although I'm sure they'd love to have pretty toes like Mommy!

Lori said...

Love that she is a girlie-girl! :)

Caitlin said...

LOVE it!