Thursday, April 22, 2010

Conversations With JJ

JJ: “Mommy, can you make shells and cheese for lunch?”

Me: “Sure!”

JJ: “Yay! Make them good, okay? Remember last time when you went to get your hair done and Daddy made shells and cheese? He didn’t make them good. They were yucky. So, make good ones, okay?”



Out of the blue:

JJ: “Why were you born on my birthday?”

Me: “Actually, you were born on my birthday.”

JJ: “Why? Why wasn’t Bobby born on your birthday?”

Me: “I don’t know. That’s the way God planned it.”

JJ: “Oh.” Long pause to think, and then, “For my birthday when I turn 4 I want some new socks, a c.d. player and some new football pajamas. When is my birthday?”

Me: “July 22nd.”

JJ: “When is your birthday?”

Me: “July 22nd.”

More thinking and then that was the end of the conversation. You can tell he is still trying to figure out how and why we have the same birthday! It just doesn’t make sense in his world yet!!! :)



While in the car, picking up Sam from school:

JJ: “Mommy, when do I get to go to school?”

Me: “When you are 6.”

JJ: “What else do I get to do when I am 6? Drive?”

Me: “No, you have to be 14 to drive.”

JJ: “Okay, when I am 14 I am going to drive a van.” Pause, thinking, big smile, and then he said “A big black van.”

Think the chicks will dig it?

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love how he thinks ;)

beauty queen's mama said...

love it!!!! perfect combo of song!!! put a smile on my frazzled face this morning! :)

Kendra Dawn said...

I just busted out laughing about the big black van!!!! :)
How funny....wait till he is 16 and you remind him of this story!!!

Renee said...

adorable...however, I would never let my daughter date a boy with a big black van...or a blue van...or red van... :) love hearing stories about your kiddos!
p.s. you need to post earlier in the day so I can read it before I go to work!