Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jake's Thought for the Week

Enjoy Great Moments

There is a time for everything, and a season for every
activity under heaven:
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn
and a time to dance.
Eccl. 3:1,4

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has
also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom
what God has done from beginning to end.
I know that there is nothing better for men than to be
happy and do good while they live. That everyone
may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his
toil—this is the gift of God.
Eccl. 3:11-13

I believe there are times when God looks down on us and says to himself, “Do I really have to remind all of these people to take a step back and enjoy the great moments.” I know God has to say that about me quite often as I am running from place to place without ever taking a step back to look at all the great moments I am missing.

On Friday my wife called me and asked if I had read her blog for the day. Of course my answer was that I had not gotten to it yet but would check it out as soon as I had a moment. She ended our conversation by saying that I would really like it so as soon as I hung up the phone I went to her blog and saw the following poem and pictures:

Scroll down to Friday's post to see the poem & pictures

As I read the poem and examined the photos I realized that my wife caught all of these pictures without me ever knowing. Not only did I not know she took the picture but I never took a step back to enjoy these various moments of life. There are so many great moments that we all miss everyday because we are worried about what tomorrow will have in store or what we may be able to accomplish next week. However, there are times when God yells to us loudly to take a step back and enjoy the great moments of life.

Go Attack,
Jake Sullivan

No comments: