Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This One's for the Girls

Have I mentioned how much fun it is to have another girl in the house? Or could you tell from the....

PINK PAINTED TOES

PINK EARRINGS

AND PINK CHRISTMAS TREE?


Here is the next girly thing waiting for Jayla (I borrowed this idea from a friend)….a dress up trunk! I’ve been saving my old scarves, sequin tops, sparkly purses, old dress shoes and other fun girl things so that Jayla can play dress up with them some day! I loved to play dress up when I was little. I believe ‘some day’ might come sooner than I think.

Jayla comes from a long line of baby lovin girls who have grown up into baby lovin mommies & grandmas & great-grandma’s.
Great-Grandma Somers loves to hold Jayla, give her lots of kisses, and give her her bottle. When she is around Jayla she always say, “Oh, what a joy!”


Grandma Lori likes to rock Jayla, read her books, watch her dig through her toy basket, and she loves to see all of Jayla’s cute girly outfits. She likes to tell Jayla stories of what mommy was like when she was a little girl!


Each time the Sullivan girls get together we always try to get a picture of the 5 of us. Here we are with Grandma Sullivan (Jake's mom), Auntie Crystal (Jake's brother's wife), and cousin Dakota.
I can already picture the fun that Jayla and Dakota will have each time they are together. They were born 3 months apart! Grandma Sullivan raised 2 boys, so she could not wait to have a little girl in the family! I love this picture because I know the significance that it holds. Grandma Sullivan’s own mother passed away last year, and it holds much meaning for her that she gained 2 granddaughters during that same year. When she speaks of us she always refers to us as ‘my girls’…we are hers and she loves it!

I can only imagine all the fun times ahead with Jayla…getting to do her hair (once she has some!), going shopping, long talks, picking out prom dresses, helping her plan her wedding, and watching her raise her own children. But, the best part will truly be looking at her and seeing in her all the generations of women who have gone before her, and are a part of us.

My beautiful daughter
You cannot know
How my heart is amazed
As I watch you grow

In time you’ll become
Independent and free
Yet, always my daughter
And special to me

As you grow older
You will see
Through the eyes of a mother
Reflections of me

Past, present and future
All intertwined
My mother, your mother
All daughters you’ll find

Our reflections, not vanity
Mirrored lives we share
Always my daughter,
Always your mother,
Always I’ll be there.

(Author unknown)

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Did you just recently start changing Jayla's earrings? I think I noticed at the last D6 they were a different color than I remember. She's a cute one!

Kendra Dawn said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this post!!!!!