Monday, January 19, 2009

Jake's Thought for the Week

Each Monday I will be posting Jake's 'thought for the week' which he sends out with the weekly announcements to all the parents in his All-Iowa Attack program. Here it is for this week:

ECCLESIASTES 4:8-12 There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth, “For who am I toiling,” He asked, “And why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?” This too is meaningless - a miserable business! Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

The above verse has been sitting on my desk since the very first day that we started the Attack program to remind me how important each one of you are in the direction, success, and vision for the program. As we enter out into the new adventure of Kingdom Hoops and All Iowa Attack I want all of you to know that the future, direction, and success of the program is based on all of us working together to create something that only God could have envisioned. If at any point you have ideas, questions, or thoughts about just what is possible with Kingdom Hoops please feel free to share them with me. My primary goal as we move forward is to certainly not do this alone but to rely on each of you for the success and future of just what is possible if we continue to trust in the path God has laid out.

Go Attack,
Jake Sullivan

No comments: