Saturday, October 20, 2012

Made it to Ghana!

We made it to Ghana (and our luggage did too)! It is late here – almost 11pm so we will take custody of our girls in the morning!!! I am SOOOO EXCITED to see (and squeeze) them and I am also WIDE AWAKE, shuffling through God’s promises on their behalf. I feel SO ALIVE in knowing that I will get to watch my Redeemer go to work in their lives and take claim on this promise of His:

“I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out – plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. I’ll turn things around for you…bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it.” ~Jeremiah 29:11-14~

For the orphan, and for all of us, God promises that our disappointments will not last forever. He turns things around, he brings us back, he takes us home (from the book ‘Reckless Faith’).


No comments: