Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer Snapshots

Summer. Is. Busy! Goodness, I have sooo much to write about, so many stories, so many thoughts, but have not been managing my time in a way to get ‘er done! The main issue is that the pool has been calling, and we have been answering! Anybody else having that problem? :) This year we opted for a family pool pass and we have been making the most of it, let me tell ya! With these 100+ temps and drought conditions here in Iowa, there is no place more comfortable and refreshing than the pool!

Right now as I write we are actually on the road for July live-period tournaments, and are about to head out to our 2nd annual week at the lake with all of Jake’s high school boy’s teams. We are so looking forward to hanging out with our friends, getting some time on the water, and I hope to attempt to catch up on my kid’s picture albums which are yearS behind now! I’ll be getting back into some regular blogging soon. But, for now, I wanted to play a little catch-up and share a few snapshots from our summer. It has become quite convenient for me to take pictures on my phone, rather than lug around my camera. So, if you are friends with me on Facebook you’ve already seen most of these as uploads, but I wanted to share them on here too. :)

Sullivan Fam Clips of Summer…..

Pool rats we are! I love that Justice can still do this!



 
The pool we go to has a super high-dive – this picture really doesn’t even do the height justice. And that’s our Justice flying through the air. :)







 
The boys have been hitting the road with Jake a lot this summer going to the tournaments. Jayla and I have gotten some great quality time together which has given us a glimpse of what it will be like this fall when both JJ and Justice are at school! It will be so strange! Jayla loves, loves, loves to play outside, and we easily find all sorts of things to do!




 
We like to hit up a lot of parks around town. Last week we went to one of our favs, and all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I spotted a squirrel running around with an all-white tail!







 
Crazy little fella! We had so much fun chasing him around! :)

Jayla is trying out some recreational gymnastics this summer while dance is on break.

 
It has been fun to mix things up a little! She especially likes it that she can try the skills out at home too…she often is practicing her cartwheels, attempting headstands, and loves to do flips on the trampoline.

Jake went into super-fit mode this summer – he’s taken up running, nixed pop out of his diet, and is eating only healthy stuff. So now we no longer do ice cream dates, but frozen yogurt dates!

 
Have you tried this stuff yet? In our area it’s the new trend, which means it’s probably been a trend elsewhere for at least 2 years….it always takes these things a little extra time to get to Iowa. :) I like the cheesecake flavor with strawberries, blueberries, black berries, and raspberries with a lil sprinking of graham cracker crumbles. YUM.

And I just have to share our recent family portrait….according to Jayla that is….

 
That’s me in the upper left, Jayla in the upper right, and Jake with the boys on the bottom. The square thing in the middle is our house. Love little kid artwork! :)

No comments: