Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Smoochie!!!!!!!!

My sweet JJ turns 4 today! Ahhhhh! What a big boy! We celebrated Sullivan style this last weekend when we could all be together and do a little partying out back. If you remember, last Sunday was hot, Hot, HOT, so our pool party theme was PERFECT! Enjoy the pictures…….oh, and you might amuse yourself by keeping track of how many different outfits you see JJ in! It’s kind of his favorite thing right now to constantly change clothes!


The bithday boy tries out the pool before his guests arrive!


Now that he can hold his breath under the water, he likes to show off a bit. :)





The guests have arrived!


Kayley & Brynn


Sammy


Yaw & Ezekiel....
I mean really, what more fun could you have on a Saturday night in America than attending a 4 year old's birthday party????!!!!!!!


Ooops, Uncle Eli is playing with the big boys now! Hmmmm, I think his cell phone got a lil wet!


The hummer is always a hit!


The birthday boy eats his favorite......shells & cheese!
(And Daddy got his wish and ordered buffalo wild wings for the grown ups!)


Oh boy, he's been waiting all week for this!


And this was the reaction after he opened the gift and saw what it was!!!!!!!!!!


And his reaction from a different angle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you sense his excitement?!?!?!


For those of you non-basketball players out there, these would be the new Lebron James shoes!!!!


After the speediest birthday present opening I have ever witnessed, it was time for some cake! JJ's request was a boots the monkey cake with LOTS of sprinkles.....and he got it! This picture was taken when everyone was singing Happy Birthday so he was a little shy. But then, notice little sister back there in the corner....she thought everyone was singing to HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday JJ!
I love you SO MUCH and there is no one else I would rather share my birthday with than YOU!!!!!! You are the sweetest little 4 year old I have ever laid eyes on, and I am so thankful that you are my son!



6 comments:

J-Dub said...

Great pictures! It's been over 10 yrs ago since my kids were this age, but I notice a familiar scene w/ the b'day cake picture with a younger sister somewhat looking like, "EXCUSE ME, I'm an adorable princess & all the attention seems to be on what-his-face"! lol

Nate and Natalie said...

Looks like a great party. By the way, Happy Birthday to you too Janel!

A. Gillispie said...

Janel,

Sorry to comment on your blog OT, but I didn't know how else to reach you! Can you please write to me privately at anita@adoptionadvocates.org? I know someone who needs to hear your story, and believe the Lord could work miracles through it!
Anita
www.gillispiefam.blogspot.com

Renee said...

Happy birthday, JJ! He looks like one happy four-year-old! And happy birthday to his momma, too!

Kendra Dawn said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JJ!!!!! I still remember the night before when your mommy texted me she was headed to the hospital. I remember not even being able to sleep because I was so excited for your mommy and daddy!!!

It is crazy how fast time flies by!!!


AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANEL....to one of the greatest friends!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to you both!!! JJ is very close in age to my Elijah - he'll be 4 Aug 4th - his first we'll celebrate with him, at home.