Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Promise for Samuel

I’m reading through the Psalms this summer as my women’s bible study takes a break until September. This morning I was at Psalm 10, and as often happens, God met me and my heart in His word, with the exact encouragement that I needed today regarding our adoption. I love how God does that. I love how He will speak right into our very souls, if we take the time to meet with Him. These verses are the cry of my heart this morning:

Psalm 10

12 Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God.
Do not forget the helpless.

14 But you, O God, do see trouble and grief;
you consider it to take it in hand.
The victim commits himself to you;
you are the helper of the fatherless.

17 You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted;
you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed…

Dear Samuel ~ These are God’s promises to you today. He has not forgotten you. He listens to your cries. He is your helper. He is your defender. He has carved a spot for you in our hearts. We are coming. He will send us to you at the exact and perfect time that we are supposed to be there. God is never a day late. He is never an hour late. He is never a minute late. His timing is perfect.

No comments: