Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jake Quotes

To JJ:
“If you’re gonna be a basketball player, you are going to need to learn how to do two things first. #1, you are going to need to learn how to take showers. #2, you are going to need to leave your blankey at home.”

:)

To his players while coaching:
“Nobody has ever become successful without fully embracing adversity. Adversity forces you to grow and evaluate what needs to be done moving forward in order to succeed.”

:)

To his players while coaching:
“You cannot be afraid to fail! Failure can be your best teacher!”

:)

On Fred Hoiberg being hired as the new ISU men’s bball coach (everyone has been asking him his opinion!):
“It’s a great hire! He is going to bring some much needed energy and excitement back into the program.”

:)

After going through bills:
“Sam, when you grow up, go to law school. You know how much my lawyer for the foundation is charging me? $90/hour. You could be rich and take us all on vacation.”

Sam’s response, “Oh yeah, I’ll be raking in the moo-lah!!!!”

:)

On ‘one of those days at the office’:
“Someday you will find me living in a hut in Africa. And life will be much more simple, and I won’t have to deal with people.”

:)

On parents giving him 'recommendations' on how to coach their kid’s team:
“If I was a plumber and you called me to come and fix your sink, would you stand over me and tell me how to do it? No, you would trust me to fix your sink. In the same way, trust me that I am making the best decisions for your kid on the basketball court. I am the coach. Let me coach.”

:)

“I love mowing. It’s my time to think.”

:)

“There is nothing better in the world than a s’more bar for breakfast.”

See if you agree:

Indoor S’mores
-8 cups Golden Grahams cereal
-6 cups mini marshmallows
-1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
-1/4 cup light corn syrup
-5 tablespoons butter or margarine
-1 teaspoon vanilla

Butter 9 x 13 inch pan. Measure cereal into large bowl. Microwave 5 cups of the marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in large bowl uncovered for 2 minutes to 3 minutes 30 seconds, stirring after every minute until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal in bowl; quickly toss until evenly coated. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows. Press mixture in pan, using buttered back of spoon. Let stand uncovered at least 1 hour, or refrigerate for a firmer bar.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Jake. Gotta Love Him! And S'more Bars...agree 100%. We have about 1/3 of a pan left from a day ago!

heididh33 said...

I'm sending the plumber quote to Rusty. He'll love it. Ha

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Great quotes! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the 2nd one. This is perfect for the students I serve as well. Just because some of them have had struggles or unfortunate situations, they expect everything to be given to them. Little do they know how they can grow from that bump in the road, chose to differently with their life, and aspire to be a productive and successful citizen.