Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What would you think.....

if you saw this?


Don't worry, it's just this.....Jayla's baby doll!

But, I recently realized how bad this looks when I carry Jayla’s baby in my purse! In the past week a few people have mistaken her for a real baby! Last Wednesday night we were packing up our stuff at church and I started stuffing Jayla’s doll into my purse, trying to twist her legs down so that no parts were sticking out. I happened to look up and in the aisle behind us two kids were staring at me with their jaws dropped open, in horror, as they watched what they thought was me stuffing a real baby into my purse!

A few other times recently we’ve been at a restaurant and I’ve had Jayla’s baby in my purse on the floor, and I’ve caught a bunch of onlookers doing double and triple-takes trying to figure out if the baby was real!

Then last Sunday I was at church, and from afar one of the workers thought that I was holding a real baby, and she said she was trying to figure out if I had just had a baby and if she had somehow missed my pregnancy!

So, I think this is my sign that I either need to get a smaller purse so I won’t be tempted to stuff the baby doll in there, or Jayla needs to get a new baby doll that is a little less real looking!

6 comments:

Jody said...

LOL! I needed a laugh.

Lori said...

OR...Jayla needs a purse/bag to carry her own baby!

Nate and Natalie said...

I would have to agree with Lori. That is way too funny though! Does look real with its legs sticking out of your bag. Sadly I will admit, I have been there too.

the crawfords said...

too funny!
she needs a baby sling! payton has a mini sling for her babies.

Christy said...

I, too, laughed out loud when I read this. Thanks for sharing!

Tamara B said...

If you don't want to give Jayla her own purse, check out the baby dolls that i highlighted on my blog. Totally adorable but not so real looking. Feel free to check them out so people around you quit having heart attacks :)