Monday, February 15, 2010

Balling Times Day

Yesterday JJ woke up from his afternoon nap and said, “Happy Balling Times, Mommy”. It took me about 5 minutes of repeating his words slowly and him saying them over and over, louder and louder, and more and more frustrated until I finally figured out that he was trying to say, “Happy Valentines, Mommy!” You would think that I would have put two and two together, but it was quite a random time of the day for him to all of a sudden wish me Happy Valentines Day.

So, the story goes that I had planned all week to do some sort of Valentines Day themed craft, but we just didn’t get it done. (Bad Mommy). And, there we were, 3:30pm in the afternoon on Valentines Day, with no cute hearts cut out of construction paper, no cute Valentine cards to take over to friends or mail to grandmas, and no ingredients to make any adorable heart shaped cookies. And there I was, watching my cute JJ with the biggest heart in all of Valentine world, wishing me the sweetest Valentine wish, and feeling guilty that we hadn’t done anything Valentine-ish. Right then and there, I almost drove to the store to pick up ingredients to make cookies, but then I remembered……I had ingredients to make rice krispie bars. I also remembered that somewhere in my lazy susan cupboard I had last year’s unopened Valentines sprinkles and unopened Valentines cookie cutters from when I actually bought the Valentines Day craft supplies, but failed to have us actually complete the Valentines Day craft. I put two and two together, and decided we would make Valentine krispies. And, my idea worked. (I am sure this has been done before, but we've never done it!)


The attention spans only lasted about 10 minutes, but we got the job done! Now, getting a picture of these two crazy cats with their finished creation was a different story. Really, do they ever sit still?


Ever?


This was the best I could do.

Word to the wise: if my cookie cutters would have been a little larger, our Valentine krispies would have turned out PERFECTO! But, we made do with the little cutters, and they were nice lil bite size treats. Maybe next time I will plan ahead a little bit!

Happy Belated Balling Times Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Note to self: Stock up Janel's kitchen with cookie cutters for different holidays :) complete with sprinkles.

Renee said...

Oh, Balling Times Day rice krispie treats sound perfect :)

Kendra Dawn said...

Too Sweet!!!

Caitlin said...

Too cute! I have the same sitting still issue. :)