Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Know Someone Who Moves Mountains

From Kofi yesterday afternoon:

I have secured the final and permanent adoption for the Sullivans.

PRAISE GOD and WAH-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is unbelievable. THANK YOU for praying. I believe that the many prayers of our friends and family broke the chains of evil that had been set against our adoption. I felt an immense peace all weekend and the past few days as we waited for the outcome. Every time I wanted to start worrying or get anxious, I would run through parts of these verses in my mind:

Psalm 27:1-3
The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh,
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

All I know is that we serve a God that moves mountains, and nothing is going to stand in the way of me giving Him the glory for this.

Matthew 17:20
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Job 9:5-6; 8,10
He moves mountains without their knowing it and overturns them in his anger. He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble. He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.

15 comments:

Lori said...

Rejoicing with you!

Kelly Fischer said...

What wonderful news Janel! This has been such a journey! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

beauty queen's mama said...

yay yay yay! can't wait to hear the next steps! it's getting closer!!! so so so happy for you!

Dillinger Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dillinger Family said...

I have goosebumps I am so excited for you!!

Jody said...

Thanking God with you.

Spiegel's said...

Janel and Jake this is so amazing! I can't imagine how excited you are. Hopefully these last few months fly by for you.

Jon & Jennifer said...

Great news and it couldn't come at a better time after all this worry!!

Tamara B said...

suh-weet!

Do you know when you get to go pick him up?

Lisa said...

Praise God!!!

Mindy said...

Such wonderful news!

Nate and Natalie said...

Praise! What wonderful news, congrats!

Stoltz Family said...

I am sooo happy for you guys! I got chills reading this blog...the power of prayer is amazing:)

Jen said...

SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED to hear this news! I'm praising God with you!

Christy said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!