Friday, November 20, 2009

Breakfast Boycotter

You might have heard me mention that JJ is what I call a breakfast boycotter…..I’ve tried to give him everything under the sun for breakfast, and he just doesn’t want it. For awhile I was just wasting food…I would literally put something on a plate for him, or in a bowl, and it would just sit there all morning, only for me to throw it out completely untouched by lunchtime. Well, as of late, I’ve finally gotten him to at least eat a bowl of fruit in the morning! So, he has that and his 2 glasses of milk and he is rarin to go until lunch.

Well, on Monday when we got back from our tournament trip we were running a little low on groceries. We had a few sad looking strawberries left for fruit, and so I cut out the icky spots and JJ gobbled them down for breakfast.

“More strawberries, please,” he said.

“Sorry, all out. Want something else?”

“Canteloupe, please!”

“Sorry, we don’t have any. I can pick some up at the store today.”

“Grapes please!!!”

“Sorry, honey, I don’t think we have any grapes left either.”

The fruit man gave up his requests and sat quietly for a minute. A few minutes later I heard JJ rummaging around in the fridge. I kind of forgot about it, and went on making my grocery list. A few minutes later I looked up and saw JJ had gotten a bowl full of cherry TOMATOES and was cheerfully eating them at 8:30am, still in his jammies! I had to snap a picture!

At least I can say he's getting his veggies!

4 comments:

Renee said...

so cute! actually, i BELIEVE a tomato IS a fruit!

Jon & Jennifer said...

Too cute!!!

Bonnie said...

My 5 year old can be a picky eater and often doesn't finish her breakfast either. Last week she helped herself to 2 bowls of diced ham I had prepared for that night's egg casserole. Go figure!!

Kari said...

That is nice to know! Eli NEVER wants to eat breakfast and will often wait until lunch...I feel like a horrible mother when I can't get him to eat breakfast!