Wednesday, November 25, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I cough when I eat ice cream.

Each Sunday night I make a to do list for the following week.

My favorite movies are Hope Floats, Marley & Me, Love & Basketball, and P.S. I love you (I cried every 15 minutes during this movie!)

We put up our Christmas decorations the day before Thanksgiving (now, if we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house instead of my mom’s I wouldn’t do this, but there is freedom when you don’t have to keep up the fall décor for the main event!). 5 years ago I bought a fakey tree at Lowes that I loved, loved, loved. It was a 9 foot tree. When we got it home (at our other house at the time) and put it up, I soon discovered that our ceiling height was only 8 feet!!!!!! No, I didn’t think to measure. Seriously, who does that? :) So, enter my step-dad and his chain saw. He cut off the top, we plopped a star on it and it was as good as new. Now in our new house, it fits like a charm with room to spare up top!

I ♥ chips and salsa.

In college Jake and I used to eat at King Buffet every Sunday evening. One time I made him try pot stickers and he acted like he was poisoned. He’s not much for trying new types of foods, especially ones that look a little different, but pot stickers are my fav!

Since I started blogging I’ve fallen completely behind on my scrapbooking! I think the time I spend writing my posts is the time I used to spend taping pictures, and writing notes, and making fancy schmancy pages.

I love to play cards. Spades and rummy 500 are my favorites.

I DO NOT like seafood Sam I am (even just the smell of it makes me queasy).

The minute I get home from going somewhere I change into my comfy clothes and pull my hair back!

The inside of my car is a disaster zone.

In highschool I was a waitress at Taylor’s Maid-rite. I bet you didn’t know that they have cow carcuses hanging from the ceiling in the basement cooler? It’s like a scary movie down there. But, at least you know your juicy bun of grease is fresh fresh fresh!

I didn’t find out Santa wasn’t real until 4th grade!

I love getting dressed up!

I’ve never had a cavity.

I always wanted to be a sea animal rehabilitator. I think I actually made up the name of this career, but it sounds pretty cool doesn’t it? I didn’t want to be a marine biologist. I more wanted to help injured ocean animals and take them back to Sea World and rehabilitate them. Too bad we don’t live by the ocean.

I love Tuscan and Mediterranean style home décor.

I was born 1 day before my mom’s birthday, and JJ was born on my birthday. No inductions, au natural.

I’ve lived in Minnesota, Nebraska, Arizona, California, and Iowa.

I want to open up a dessert restaurant called Nelly’s. I would sell every kind of dessert you could imagine…pies, cheesecake, every type of bar under the sun, ice cream, frozen desserts, fridge desserts, fruit desserts, chocolate desserts, yum, Yum, YUM!

Flies give me the heebie jeebies. And, whenever I grab the fly swatter the flies diappear.

I started dating Jake because he looked like a rebel with his shaved head and tattoos. Then I found out that he is a teddy bear disguised as a rebel.

I ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ having a little boy and a little girl. I wish everyone got to experience having a child of each gender.

The only place I can fully relax is at my mom’s house. Can you say quiet country road, wood stove burnin, apple cider brewin, and kiddos entertained? Ah, sheer bliss.

And, #25: I’ve been dreaming about dogs. I want one SO bad. But, we will never be able to have one since we travel almost every weekend. I can’t imagine having to find a place for him to stay every travel weekend. Golden retrievers are my weakness. Have you seen this video?

4 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

If you ever get that dessert restaurant open, I'd be happy to help make some of the sweet treats!

Lori said...

I was almost ready to shed a tear at #24, then I watched the video...so if we had a puppy on the farm, this would be heaven. :)

Jon & Jennifer said...

I think I was in 4th grade too and I was devastated when I found out Santa wasn't real!! Oh the magic of the season!

Caitlin said...

I love rummy 500! I grew up on it. And I've been stalking your blog for a week or so. :)