Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who Does JJ Look Like?

I like to go back through my old baby pictures and Jake’s old baby pictures as JJ and Jayla grow to see the comparison’s of when Jake and I were their age. Jake and I are always saying, ‘Oh, he gets that from you’ and ‘Oh, she just gave me a look that you always give me’. It is so fun to see this in their physical looks too. With JJ, it is really easy to pinpoint where he got what from, by looking back at our pictures. Here is Jake at the age of 3, which JJ is fast approaching:
And here is a recent JJ picture:From these pictures you can see that JJ definitely has Jake’s nose and mouth, but when comparing you can tell that JJ has my eyes. Jake’s eye shape is much rounder, and mine is more elongated. Now, here is a picture of me at 2 ½ years:


Compare it with this one of JJ smiling:

There is something about his face when he smiles that reminds me of my pictures.
JJ got the line of blue eye color from my mom’s side of the family who has all blue (except for me). Neither Jake or I have blue eyes. And, JJ’s red hair comes from Jake’s mom. Here is a picture of JJ and Jake’s mom…..now you know where the red hair comes from!

Jake’s hair used to be quite a bit more red, but not as strawberry blonde as JJ’s is. As Jake got older his hair took on more of a brownish-red, but he still has lots of red in his facial hair. Just wait until you see Jayla’s comparison’s coming soon!

1 comment:

Pitkin Family said...

love it - can't wait for Jayla's pic comparison, too! :)