Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas in Pictures

Some serious snowy fun!
 
Cutest thing you've ever seen or what?!?!



It's hard to tell from the pictures, but this hill (located in Ames, IA) is SO steep!  Jake guessed they were going about 25 mph on the way down! 


 



Rough ride - Justice lost his hat!



Poor Jasara!  Check out her first ever ride on the sled.... 


 
She came out without even a scratch and was just fine except she decided that her first sledding ride would be her last!  She hitched a ride up the hill with Justice and was content to sit and watch from the top the rest of the time!




Jayla hitched a ride too! :)



Our house sits at an angle and all the snow blows in this huge drift right across our front yard.  It is the perfect recipe for a snow fort!

 



Putting the finishing touches on Jesus' birthday cake!



Loved hearing the following conversation in our house on the afternoon of Cmas Eve...

Jayla: “I can’t wait to open presents!”

Jennifer: “I can’t wait until Jesus comes!” (She thought Jesus was coming over to our house that night! :) 

JJ: “Hey, do you guys know that Christmas isn’t about presents? It’s about Jesus’ birthday. He died on the cross for our sins and that is the gift he gave us.”


Christmas Eve cuties!!!!!



Celebrating hope, peace, new life, and freedom in Christ our Savior!



A little Wii dance party at Great-gram's!



Jasara likes to snuggle with my grandma - her great-gram.  I think she reminds Jasara of the cozy, comfy African ladies. :)


"As you celebrate the wonder of My birth in Bethlehem, celebrate also your rebirth into eternal life.  This everlasting gift was the sole purpose of My entering your sin-stained world.  Receive my gift with awe and humility.  Take time to explore the vast dimensions of My Love.  Allow thankfulness to flow freely from your heart in response to My glorious gift.  Let My peace rule in your heart, and be thankful."
~Jesus Calling~


 

1 comment:

Shonya said...

Beautiful.
I haven't read your blog in some time, but am glad to see the pictures of your girls at home! And my little princess has that same Hello Kitty hat! :)