Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Learning from the Best!

I think I’ve mentioned that JJ really likes to play cards…Old Maid, Go Fish, UNO,etc. Well, while we were on our trip, JJ learned card game strategies from the best….Great Grandpa!

My mom would take JJ and Jayla over to my grandparents house for lunch while we were gone (my grandparents live about ½ a mile from my mom) and apparently JJ would talk Great-Grandpa into playing. Everyone knows my Grandpa cannot turn down a challenge to play a game of cards….even if it is against a 3 year old playing Dora the Explorer Old Maid!

Come to think of it, Great-Grandpa has been playing Old Maid for a long time……even since 1988 when Mommy was a little girl!


Yes, I was taught by the best as well. I used to LOVE playing cards with my Grandpa......
And I still do!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jody said...

My parents and your grandparents used to play cards every Sunday night. We would eat Zeno's pizza, then they would play cards, and your mom and I would gang up on my two sisters! :) Great memories, especially now that my dad is gone. I love your grandparents!!