This comes as we have welcomed 7 new children into the full-time care of our mission center last week...
as well as confirmed how we will navigate the daily and weekly operations of the school. Upon our arrival home from our recent trip, the school was completed and saw its official enrollment day last week on January 19, 2015. Over 100 children were enrolled...
Here is an outline of the program and costs for the school in excess of the general educational curriculum:
- Each student will receive lunch Monday through Saturday at the school (each student enrolled - other than those staying at our mission center - pays Ghc 1.50p for enrollment)
- We will introduce extra-curricular activities on Saturdays for the school children. They will learn how to do beads, weave kente (traditional African cloth), make bags, and how to print on T-shirts. This is to help the children learn to support themselves as they grow. There will also be sports and games provided.
- We will have 7 teachers for the week days and 3 teachers for the extra-curricular activities.
- The classroom teachers will be paid 200.00 Cedis (Ghc) each per month.
- Extra-curricular teachers will be paid 50.00 Cedis (Ghc) each per month.
- Two women will help cook lunch for the students and will also help to bathe the children at the mission center and wash their clothes.
- The cooks will be paid 200.00 Cedis (Ghc) each per month.
[In case you are wondering, 3.27 Ghana cedis is equivalent to 1 U.S. dollar]In light of all this, we are looking for 10 new donors to become a part of our 1200 Club.….of course more would be gratefully accepted! The 1200 Club is a 1 year commitment to donate $100 per month to Kingdom Cares International so that we can continue to fund and move forward with our projects such as that detailed above.
If you would like to become a member, or feel led to give a one-time donation, you can do so online at: https://kingdomcaresinternational.cloverdonations.com/kingdom-cares-mission-center/ [Note, in order to become a 1200 Club member select recurring donation on the form]
Thank you for your support!