Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Christian Update!

Just received the pictures below that took my breath away…Christian received his prosthetic eye today!!!
 

He looks SO handsome! I am just OVERJOYED for him!!!!!! I had always hoped that this was in his future, not for reasons of beauty but for a physical mark of redemption from his past. His eye was always a reminder to him and everyone else of the evil he lived through and endured. But God is in the business of delivering us from our broken pasts and deepest of scars and making us a completely new creation! Looking at Christian now, you would never know that his eye had been blinded and totally damaged. I am so AMAZED by this. I just stand in awe as God continues to display His redeeming love over Christian’s life.

Although his eye looks SO REAL, it is prosthetic so he is not able to see out of it still.  However, over this winter I did come across a really cool article of a Marquette basketball player who plays Division I basketball and has a prosthetic eye!  You can read the article HERE.

Praising the One who bestows a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair...

“For I, the Lord, love justice. I hate robbery and wrongdoing. I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering and make an everlasting covenant with them. Their descendants will be recognized and honored among the nations. Everyone will realize that they are a people the Lord has blessed.”  Isaiah 61:8-9
 

No comments: